Thursday, February 5, 2009

Showdown at the Pavilion Corral!

First the golf payouts for this week, then on to the meat! Bob D., Bob W., and Duane R. are the big winners. Congrats.

**********
The two weeks of prime time fun at the end of February,
culminates in an Olympic event that simply
MUST NOT BE MISSED!

Feb. 28, starting at 4:15, in the Pavilion.

It's the Prime Rib Competition & Dinner known as the
"Showdown at the Pavilion Corral".

Watch two of our best known, most prolific chefs, Tony & Don,
battle it out for top chef honors.

Who's prime rib is the best,
most succulent,
juiciest?
We'll be voting.

Tony #40 & Don #209...my vote is for sale.


IMPORTANT: The chefs must order the meat well in advance, and make a
pretty complicated game plan to feed us in a timely manner, therefore they
are requesting you buy your tickets in advance, starting tomorrow at Junque & Java.

Tall Dick #116 will be handling the ticket sales until the 18th.

That's right...get your tickets BY THE 18th
so you won't miss this wonderful dinner.

Did I say dinner?

Oh, it's much more than that!

There are the Nude Olympics closing ceremonies
and happy hour, in the pavilion, at 4:15.
Followed immediately by the much anticipated dinner,
and then...

Ruthi will be here to entertain us.

If you have not heard her you are in for a treat.
She performed at last year's Olympic dinner,
and at Lester's 85th birthday party.
She also performs around the area and nationally.

She is, in a word, superb!

The tickets for this fabulous evening are a ridiculously low $8 apiece.

For your measly $8 you'll receive:

a sample appetizer serving of each of the two prime rib styles,
(how much is my vote worth, Tony? Don?)

house salad,
bread & butter,
baked potato, a hefty slice of prime rib, (my, this one is rare, isn't it? Must be Tony's.)
vegetable of the day,

scrumptious dessert.
and Ruthi! What a night! What a deal!

Don? Tony? I can't hear you. My vote? Who want's it?

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sue the answer is simple if you wan't a prime like the pic.then you pick mine if you want one like the bottom of your shoe pick don's,I will give Don some pointers on cooking so we all have a good meal,so if you like Don's I gave him a class on cooking.

I should'nt get ALL the credit,he help to unwrap the prime.

SueZ said...

Tony, Don told me he doesn't want to buy my vote, so I'm available. I can be bought, but I am cheap.

So, are you pro horseradish?

Anonymous said...

Dont need to buy your vote I know I can win it.
Like I said before I will help him so all will enjoy,I will show him how to light the stove,set temp.ect.ect.

Helen McNamara said...

I am so hungry! This blog, just chock full of photos of vein clogging chloresterol is driving me nuts! And I could not get this here in Thailand anyway.....you can be so cruel!

Anonymous said...

Dont worry Helen there should be lots of left overs of don's prime
We will send you some it should taste the same by the time it gets there

Anonymous said...

SueZ about the only thing Tony can do is unwrap a prime rib, if someone will show him how to sharpen a knife or help him identify a scissors. As for his ability to light the stove you have to know what they look like
(right Tony)! By the way if you know anyone that has a sunny concrete pad Tony needs it to put his prime rib on to cook. Tony calls this solar cooking, goodluck.

Chef Don
P.S. I noticed Tony coming out of your house and then you got in your car, I think you went to the bank???
That sure sounds like a Chicago
thing with that gov.

SueZ said...

Now see Don, I gave you first crack at my vote. You didn't want it...you SPURNED it in fact! Now you are crying 'cause Tony had the good sense to take advantage of a sure thing. I say, shame on you.
That's the Chicago way!

Anonymous said...

Tony's primerib is a wonderfull feast
Don's primerib tastes like your feet
If you need help on how to prepare
I will show you how to serve it medium rare
With your voice you yell with fun
We know your prime is known as well done.
With this poem I bid you adoo
When you eat his prime its like a shoe.

Anonymous said...

At our last cook-off Tony lost! There were complaints about hoof prints in thier plates. You know leaving your prime rib on a rock to cook may not be the best way to cook, Tony.
Oh and by the way Helen,we can send you Tony's prime rib but you'll still have to cook it.

Chef Don's the only one that knows how to start the oven.

P.S. I just saw Tony praying for a sunny day. He's still looking for a concrete pad.

Anonymous said...

Tony who??????

Anonymous said...

There is some pretty serious ribbing going on over this prime event - most of it is pretty well done, but there is a lot of rare humor as well!

Anonymous said...

We just had a sample of Don's cooking abilities and just as we thought he need's some help,maybe he should read the direction's on the wrapper first or go online to find out what medium rare temp is.

I think he could use some other idea's he wont listen to me so if you see Don please stop him and give him some help.

Don use to be a butcher not a cook,and we know now he know's how to butcher a prime rib.

Anonymous said...

We all have had sandwiches that Tony says he makes,but do you ever notice how many people he has to help him make a sandwich, and you think he can turn on a oven he can't even find the stove.

Remember Tony used to own a restaurant not cook in it, that's what the help was for. He even told me that.

Anonymous said...

I notice the name chef don it should be butcher don,you are use to seeing meat uncook maybe you dont know how to turn on a oven.

SueZ said...

Well Chef Don & Chef Tony, I've read a lot of insults having to do with kitchen equipment and unwrapping cuts of beef.

There are quite a few ladies here who have cooked a bit and know their way around a rib roast. You two are gonna have to perform to impress the ladies.

Now, I want to know...horseradish or au jus?

Anonymous said...

SueZ there will be both au jus and horseradish. I will make the au jus. I can't remember who said they would make the creamy horseradish. So could please let me know who you are.

SueZ said...

Well, Chef Don, they say memory is the second thing to go.....

Anonymous said...

Butcher not chef Don I the grand piano will make the horsey sauce since you dont know what it is.They dont show that in how to cut fish school.

Anonymous said...

Tony just because your wife owned horses doesn't mean you know what horseradish is.

Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous A.K.A. butcker Don where do you think I make horseysause from.Some use it as glue.Unlike your prime rib that taste like glue.

Tony A.K.A. the grand piano man

Anonymous said...

Heck, we all figured Tony would be supplying the horseradish. Horseradish is the only way I could ever choke down ROUND STEAK, and I bet Tony's so-called "prime rib" is really the same stuff.

Right, Tony?

Anonymous said...

Heck Dave your just saying that because you want to stay in good standings with your neighbor.you dont need to be nice to him I will feed you.

Anonymous said...

Heck Tony, I want to stay in good standing with you too. And Sherry.

But that doesn't mean I would EVER eat round steak to do it. YUK!!