Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dinner Deadline & Belly Dancers! Oh My!

Tomorrow is the deadline for buying your tickets to the Showdown at the Pavilion Corral!
The deadline came fast didn't it?
The tickets had been available at the Feb. Junque & Java, but now you'll have to hike
on over to Tall Dick & Sharon's at #116 to get them.
The price is $8 each for a superb prime rib dinner and
entertainment by a world class performer.
Ruthi is simply outstanding, and a true professional.
She can even get our crowd to shut up and listen, most of the time anyway.
If you have been following the hoop-la between Chef Tony & Chef Don
(see the comments under the blog entry "Showdown at the Pavilion Corral")
you know the competition is revving up.
To that end, and to add a little spice to what is primarily a meat & potato event
(hey, I'm from New Orleans, I like my cayenne!) I propose a little contest.
Write a poem, any style, any length, about Tony, Don, Prime Rib, Olympics, Sandpipers...I don't know how, but tie in some kind of theme...and I'll add your name into my fancy cigar box for the drawing of a pair of lunch tickets at the next FunBuzz.
To get you thinking here is my attempt:
Listening to our boys,
is one of our joys.
*
Hear the insults fly,
Who will be the first to cry?
*
We look forward to the meat,
all will be good to eat.
*
Not suspicious
but delicious
and nutritious.
That is a classic poetry form aa-bb-cc-ddd, called Acrostic, but you can use any you'd like...or even free form. And spelling? I think you get extra points for spelling like Tony.
So...there are now two ways to get into the cigar box.
This meat inspired poem contest and the comments under the Healthy Food blog entry.
Enter both, and often.
For every entry you get a chance.
Hmmmm...I see a trend.
Both contests will run until the end of the month, and you enter by leaving a comment.
The poem can be left as a comment under any blog entry, but the healthy food contest is only under the Healthy Food blog. Clear? As mud. Not sure what I mean?
Ask a question. Maybe I'll add you to the cigar box by mistake.
*****
On March 7 is the second performance of Funs-A-Poppin.
But it's NOT the same Funs-A-Poppin!
DO NOT MISS IT!
I have seen a teeny, itty bitty glimpse into what is going into
the costumes for the belly dancers.
Oh, my, gosh!
DO NOT MISS IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tony and Don are a fightin'
And barbeques they are lightin'
To eat their prime rib
Bring along your best bib
And get ready to tuck a rightin'