Sunday, October 24, 2010

Surprise Party

Were you able to attend Tony's surprise birthday party last night?
I hope so.
It was an EVENT!
And I think between Sherry's planning and with the kidnap help of Jay & Karen they actually did pull off a surprise!There were burgers and dogs (not Asia & Koda)...
here is a photo of Guido flipping burgers. and tons of delicious food on the buffet....oh, and rivers of beer, too.
See how tan we all are?

One of the hi-lites of the evening was a fashion show of some of Tony's more memorable creations, by some of Tony's more fashionable friends.

This photo wasn't them....but it gives you the idea......maybe.
All in all, a magical evening.

Light breeze, mild temps, caged birds twittering in the trees...magical!


To close I'll share the poem I enclosed with the bready gift Jim & I gave him.

(I owe Tony lots of bread 'cause he helped us so much with the landscape project in front of our house...pulling out the bougainvilleas, hauling away rocks, filling in with dirt and sod....I owe him lots of bread.)

Here tis:

Tony, Tony, you're full of baloney.
Oh wait. This is bread.
*
Fred, Fred, you're full of bread,
Oh, wait, you're name is Tony.
Hmmmm....
*
How's this?
Tony, Tony, you're 55,
Thank the Lord you're still alive.
Yes, that rhymes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony, we're sorry we missed your birthday party, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, anyway. Garland was exhausted after working two days in a row on his hands and knees. He's not as young as you are, you know. I know you had a wonderful time and were truly surprised.
Patsy #108

tony said...

I wish to thank all of you very much you are all special to me and thanks to sherry for pulling it off you all did get me.
Tony