Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Drank a Beer, Now I Gotta Go........

And you are in Mexico and you don't speak the language...
Inconvenient isn't it?!Or you are starving, and want a taco....or our favorite....a bag of lonches.
Do you know how many pesos? How much is a peso anyway?

Then there is the potty problem.....
Or shopping....Well guess what?

Terrific Terry (lot 415) can solve some of these little annoyances...

She is willing to teach a class of conversational, street savvy Spanish.

Well, Mexican, really.

There is nothing hoity-toity about it.

How to say yes, no, maybe so....

where is the bathroom,

I'll have another beer....

are you shooting at ME? (sorry, uncalled for...perhaps)

She just wants to know if there are enough peeps interested...so...either talk to her or leave a comment here (it can even be anonymous).

She just would like a feel for interest.

If enough peeps would like to learn how to correctly pronounce common Mexican words, to get by in Mexico speaking a little of the language, and have fun learning...well, let her know.

Jim always tries out his miserable Spanish on the checkers at the grocery stores here. Leaves them rolling on the floor, but I think they appreciate the effort.

Think I'll sign him up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested. Will arrive in Nov. Sharon, #116

Lisette said...

MMMGary and I Are interestd

Terry #502 said...

yes, I am definitely interested...Ian knows words so not sure about him..we'll be there 3rd or 4th...

Anonymous said...

Garland and I would love it. He already knows enough to order breakfast. Unfortunately, I think that it will be a long time before we go to Mexico again. Maybe we're cowards. But we can certainly use conversational Spanish here in the Rio Grande Valley. Waitresses and salespeople are always impressed if you can speak even a little Spanish.
Patsy #108

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd be interested in the class. Tall Dick, #116

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. Might as well learn some if we are going to live in the area.

SueP said...

Yep, count me in!

Pam P. #122 said...

I'd love to learn, but won't be down until beginning of December. Then will be gone for 3 weeks to visit family for Christmas. Don't guess that makes me a very good candidate, but I'd be interested if there's something after the first of the year.

Anonymous said...

Bob 410 said...I am interested for sure. We expect to arrive SPR just before Thanksgiving.