Saturday, October 9, 2010

Spanish Class Begins......

Street Spanish
Now don't get your panties in a twist! Just 'cause you aren't here yet doesn't mean you are missing out on Street Spanish lessons.
**
Terri (#415) is going to get started this Tuesday (Oct 12) at 7:30 PM in the pavilion, but these lessons will be very informal.
You will be able to step into any class at any time.
While you catch up the earlier students will get refresher lessons....
win/win for everybody.
**
The classes will be, oh, maybe an hour long.
The plan is to begin with alphabet pronunciation and progress from there.
Terri asks 'If you have a particular request on what you want to learn, tell her.'
Like if you want to read the billboards in McAllen...
or understand the novellas on TV...
or shop for bargains in Progresso.
****
By the way....
the corner of the pavilion...
where this class will be held...
the powers-that-be are planning to install
sliding curtains to make it somewhat more private.
We need a name for this nook.
The SandPeep Retreat?
The Naked Nook?
Nude Niche?
This isn't a contest, just asking for ideas.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Escuela Desnuda? (Did I say it right?)

Anonymous said...

How about " Hernando's hideaway...Ole "

David 120 said...

Escuela Desnuda?

The name should not be limited to "Spanish Classes," per se... it represents a physical place within the park, and should apply to everything it might be used for.

(Just trying to help :)

Anonymous said...

Since this will be used for other activities too, I suggest "The Curtained Corner"

Jim 38

Anonymous said...

Sorry, David, you lost me there. Please explain.
Patsy #108

SueZ said...

I think what Dave means is that we are asking for name suggestions for the curtained corner of the pavilion which will be used for many things, not just Spanish Class.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Naked Nook!
Sue #336 (for some reason my google account won't work)

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the first class of Street Spanish. Teri had a well-thought out lesson plan and executed it well. I did not appreciate the jokes and hoo-rahs yelled out by the "students." If you want to cut up and try to be funny, why not just stay home? If you want to learn some Spanish along with the rest of us who want to learn, please be quiet and take notes.
Patsy #108

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the first Street Spanish class. I felt that Terri had prepared adequately and had an interesting lesson plan. The one thing that I didn't enjoy was all the jokes and hoo-rahs yelled out by the supposed "students." If you want to joke around and try to be cute, why don't you just stay home? If you want to learn along with the rest of us who want to learn Spanish, please be quiet and take notes.
Patsy #108
PS: If I sound like an old school teacher, guess what? I am.

Anonymous said...

Garland said that I shouldn't have said that. I agree; you don't have to take notes.
Patsy #108
PS: I don't mean to be mean. That's just the old schoolteacher in me coming out. I've also "shushed" kids in church and in the movies.

Anonymous said...

Terri, how do you say "The Street Spanish Class will meet in The Kurtain Korner" on Tues. at 7:30?
(in Spanish)
Patsy #108