Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Extravaganza!

What a BEAUTIFUL event last night's New Year's Eve party was.
(I know, I know..I ended on a preposition! Shame on me!)
Last minute edit...Harry just informed me I'm OK..was is a verb!
*
Entering through the swagged arch into the pink & purple palace of paradise
was visually stimulating and surprising.
The New Year's committee outdid themselves
with imaginative use of glitter, glue and lights.It was a fun atmosphere to usher in a new year..to turn the page to 2010.
So many people helped...I couldn't possible remember them all.
Marilyn chaired this event and did a masterful job designing it.
Karen H. was a well lit Mistress of Ceremonies.
(her shoes, I mean her shoes)
Marijanne painted a great picture to set the tone.
Perhaps one of the head honchos can leave a comment here listing all the helpers
'cause it was a BEAUTIFUL event!
*****
I hope a bunch of peeps show up at 9 this morning
to help undecorate from Christmas and New Year's.
*****
And show up at the FunBuzz this afternoon for a rundown on the JAM-Packed January calender.
Prizes will be won, info dispensed.
***********
Did you notice the From The Heart Auction bulletin board
with all the great donated items?
The auction is on the 17th.
What can YOU contribute?
All the proceeds go to the activity fund which helps put on parties like last night.
Plan on attending the auction.
I think it's a real high-light of the year.

2 comments:

SueP said...

This event is so much fun. Even if you have nothing to donate you can still buy, buy, buy. Come on, it's only money we're talking about.

Unknown said...

New Years Eve was fabulous, thank you Marilyn.

Bill and i also were able to try one of Chef Robert's dinners we thank Karen for letting us be her guinea PIGS.

We just love this place it is home, thanks Sue for a voice