Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Transition from Man-Pig to Manly Maid!

NEWS FLASH!
This just in: Sunday's FunBuzz will start at 3pm instead of 4pm, to give us time to not only cover the upcoming Feb. events, but also to get into Super Bowl Party Mode!!
*****
******
Last weekend at the From the Heart Auction I had the great fortune to bid on
and WIN the services of a former man-pig, John P. (I believe the man-pigs are retired)

Oh, wait. That sounds wrong somehow.


I won his vacuuming service. Get your minds out of the gutter!


The whole house, done with John & Sue's new Dyson "Animal", a powerhouse of a vacuum cleaner designed to remove pet hair and more...much, much more!
He started the morning early, and was dressed for the cold weather. Over-dressed, actually.
I was somewhat disappointed in his attire. I was expecting a frilly apron at least.
Jim supervised.
John got right to work. They decided to empty the dirt into a clear plastic bag,
the better to gauge the vacuum's effectiveness.He vacuumed....
until he worked up a bit of a sweat.

The clothes began to peel off....this is getting interesting! Manly Maids don't sweat, the glow!John really doesn't have a sunflower growing out of his butt,
but I thought it was a nice touch. Decorative, even. Festive.

He really got into the nooks, the crannies, the corners.
He really took his job seriously.

What I thought was going to be a simple
quick vacuuming took several hours!
There's that sunflower again...
He not only did all the carpeting and area rugs, but the hard surfaces too!
After repeated emptying of the canister he finally announced the job done. Now just because John took almost 3 hours to vacuum our relatively small mobile home, that is no reason to assume we were up to our eyeballs in accumulated filth. No sirree! John is thorough, that's all.
Thorough, I tell you!
Close to two pounds! Yikes!

I can absolutely recommend his services.
John, #37. Call today. Good rates.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the best bargain of the auction. Why buy a Dyson if you can get John at that price!

Jim 38 (retired man pig too)

Anonymous said...

I can attest to John's thoroughness. Every couple of months he offers to vacuum because he can see what I can't (I don't wear my glasses except to drive or watch TV/movies). Then he takes a half day to clean the areas I routinely miss.

Now that we have the Dyson, with the clear dirt canister, he usually does the vacuuming for kicks. With our two dogs the results are stunning!

Side note: when he puts his mind to it he's pretty thorough at other things too. . .

SueP, former Oreck user.

SueZ said...

Bidding on John's services-$27.00

Further bidding on assorted auction iems-$67.00

Seeing the best side of John in action-PRICELESS!