Thursday, June 5, 2008


How I Got Hit On at The Luau!



Jim & I had been at Sandpiper's Clothing Optional Resort in Edinburg, Texas for only a few days, soaking up the sun...maybe a little too much as I was getting pretty sunburned... when it was announced that a pig roast and luau were on the schedule for the weekend.


Wear Hawaiian themes, make flower leis. Oh boy, right up my alley! We had been married in Hawaii in 1967, I knew how to do Hawaiian. A trip to the craft store got me a bunch of silk flowers. A pareo wrap, lots of flower leis around the neck and in the hair, purple orchids to contast with my red glow. I was a vision!


There was dancing, music, great food and drink. At our table was a young (to me anyway) couple visiting for the weekend, in one of the rental units. She was a teeny little thing with lots of red hair. They both had been drinking beer all day, not eating, and were completely blitzed.


We conversed.


She reached out and began to stroke my pareo, in the bosomy region."Nice material." she slurred. "I have to ask, as I'm new here. Is this a swinging club?"


No, says I, eyes rolling back in my head in horror. Tis a family club, straight as an arrow, no hanky panky. Pure family values! None of that stuff here, no siree!


She kept stroking.


Next, she turns to Jim who is angled away from us, having a completely different kind of conversation with whomever is on the far side.


"Jim", she pokes him. "Jim".


He turned to her with arched eyebrows. She purrs, "Your wife is hot!".


"No", says he, "She's just sunburned."


He turns back to his previous conversation, oblivious.


We left the party soon after.


Jim was admonished later by Frankie, the then manager. "When your wife says leave, you leave."


There have been a few, very, very few, incidents over the years. One couple was asked repeatedly to tone down the display they were making of themselves by the pool. They were asked to leave.
Mostly human sexuality issues don't even exist here. We aren't blind, just sensible. We enjoy the person, not the person's physique. OK. I lie. We look, who could not. But it's no big deal. Unfortunately.

1 comment:

alan said...

Hi suez. You have started something which could be most interesting - if others participate.
I'm not sure about the title - sandpaper can be very abrasive but it's also something used to smoothe things. Hope that there is more of the latter than the former.
Greetings from Canada's capital
Alan & Stevie