Friday, April 3, 2009

Triple Whammy!

I had nothing in mind to write about today.
*
Nothing much happening around Sandpipers.
*
The end of season is upon us and things are winding down.
Nothing much to say...until I ran across this interesting little tidbit of a story.
*
Warning...stop right now if you don't like massages....
or Easter.....
or
SNAKES!
***
This is actually a timely story.
After all it is the week before Easter.
And lately I've been hearing about how great Mariana's massages are,
or Hilton's, or Frankie's.
People just rave about all of them
And then a bunch of us, while eating at Willie B's BBQ after the last bike ride,
were discussing snakes.
Specifically rattlesnakes and the fact that even the baby snakes
can impart a painful and maybe even lethal, bite.
So it is a triple whammy of a story.
*
I mean it! Stop right now if you are squeamish!
*
*
*
*
I warned you!
*
From weird news at About.com comes this warm & fuzzy story:
Ever since that run-in with Adam and Eve,
snakes have gotten a bad rap in the Holy Land.
But at Ada Barak's spa in northern Israel,
slithering reptiles don't give people the creeps.
*
They give deep-tissue massages. Barak figured out several years ago that heavy king and corn snakes
produce a relaxing kneading sensation.
For years, she's been entertaining guests at her farm
where she cultivates rodent-eating carnivorous plants.
Strangely, she found a sideline that's even more bizarre.
"People either like it a lot or they hate it," she tells Time magazine.
For $80, a tangle of creepy-crawlies can wriggle their way up your
spine and across your face, and you can decide. I'd rather have Hilton...or Frankie...or Mariana.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the other massage therapist?

SueZ said...

Yikes, who did I forget? Don't leave me hanging....give it up!

lilizard62 said...

Funny you should mention "snakes".
I saw one today and it gives me an idea.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDpbntZJDHMBQmijzbkF/SIG=123a0vhn9/EXP=1238888411/**http%3A//www.flickr.com/photos/grayce/3356502872/

Theresa L said...

I couldn't look at the pic. of the snakes, hate them. I think Pat of Tom and Pat is the other massagist. Don't know how to spell the other name for them.