Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shades of Marie Laveau's Ghost!!!!

I hope you enjoyed the Mardi Gras Parade yesterday. Even though we were delayed by a week to accommodate all the fun the Olympics had to offer, I think we captured the spirit of Mardi Gras...and the spirit of dear departed Marie Laveau.

The wake was, to borrow a much used OWL term, a hoot!


Many mourners paid their respects to dear Marie,
but none had more fun than the Crypt-Kicker Five.


Joe & Jim & John
Sue & Sue

The two Sue's paid our respects to Marie in true Sandpiper fashion, by belting out a song.
The ghoulish guys showed their deep mourning by becoming demented cheerleaders.
I think the make-up really captured their inner quality, don't you?
Somehow words fail me at this moment......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO COMMENT.

(Words fail me, too.)

Seriously though, it was all great. The efforts put forth by the entertainers in this park are amazing. Kudos to all you great people!

:-)

Terry and Tommy said...

So sorry we missed such a good time. There is just not a good time to leave Sandpipers. Thanks for the write up and wonderful pictures. I almost didn't recognize you wonderful folks.

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I'm astonished there aren't more people willing to make fools of themselves to entertain others. Thank you SueZ for thinking up the skit and organizing the Cryptkicker 5. We had a great time practicing, then performing. Where else can you do something like this and not be (openly) ridiculed?

Anonymous said...

SueP I know what your talking about
every once in a while I dress or act stupid and nowbody thinks different about me.

Anonymous said...

OH, Dear Miss I-Need-A-Wax, aka PuppyChow, er, I mean Tony, you have NEVER given us any REASON to think differently of you! HAHAHAHAHA...

(J/K, J/K, everybody loves ya, Tony!)