Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Burgers are Back!

It was just too hectic during The Food Olympics, oh, excuse me,
The Nude Olympics, to do the Bodacious Burger Cook-off.
It kinda got upstaged by the delicious goodies from the Afternoon Tea
and the robust flavors of the Chili Contest, not to mention the pool-side lunches,
grill night and...oh, yes...The Showdown at the Pavilion Corral Masterpiece Theater.
So...
We will try again.
I was gonna make a Bratwurst Slider. Ground turkey spiced up like
bratwurst and served on a bun with a dill pickle and sauerkraut.
Sounds good, yes?
But no.
I promised Jay that I would clog his arteries big time.
I am making the Jay Burger.
So my Bratwurst Slider recipe is up for grabs.
Anyone want it? I even have the little sign printed up for the table.
First one that asks gets my treasured heirloom recipe
(actually I've never made it but it sounds pretty good).
Roy has been searching the web for interesting burger ideas.
Epicurious has a bunch of good recipes.
I did a blog advertising the postponed contest in early February.
Look at it. It has a bunch of ideas, including the Australian prediliction for beets on their burgers.
I would really like to try that.
So break out your thinking caps and sign up for this cook-off.
We need at least a dozen chefs for it to work.
I'm putting the poster and sign-up sheet in the pavilion today.
Do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Bodacious Burgers event was a victim of the Victorian phenomenon of "too many curlicues is not enough" syndrome.
I'm glad it is rescheduled for later because I love burgers.
Patsy 108