Monday, October 13, 2008

Water VolleyBall & Contests

A little less than 3 weeks remain until the first FunBuzz Happy Hour on Nov. 1st. That's when I'm giving away a bunch of prizes accumulated over the inaugural summer of this blog.
You still have time to enter a couple of the contests. If you haven't already, send me your birthday/anniversary dates for monthly publication in the newsletter and you will be entered into the "Birthday/Anniversary Contest" drawing for a pair of lunch tickets. And enter the "Blog Idea/MovieMania Contest" by sending me pictures of your summer vacation, perhaps share a great area restaurant or museum, or discuss any topic of interest. Controversy is always good! Got a gripe? Let's talk about it. You'll get it off your chest and be entered into the contest at the same time. And what great prizes for that contest! There are three of the nicest prizes we've ever given at Sandpiper's Resort.
So contribute to the blog and get on the list.
In order to add to my growing list of candidates for these three wonderful
prizes, if you respond to this blog article with a comment I will add your
name to the list...even if you are already on it.
No deadline either...any time over the next three weeks.
Any comment will do, but to make it interesting why don't you tell me your opinion about adding more days to water volleyball. Does it make you froth at the mouth? Or are you giddy with anticipation? And how are we going to transition to 7 days a week? Ideas? Comment and you are in the running for a prize!!
Tap...tap...tap. Is this thing on? Is anybody out there?

This blog is only as interesting as the people reading it, so comment, please!

9 comments:

alan said...

Suez, I am feeling very lonely as the only KYN on the blog. Surely there must be other neighbours who would like to be known. Get into it people!!

SueZ said...

Good point Alan, Hey...SandPeople, volunteer to be profiled or I'll have to improvise! Fair warning!

Anonymous said...

Gary's BIrthday May 19
Lisette 's Birthday November 2

Anniversary November 7, it's the
4th one this year. and we are going to be in the Bahamas.

As far as volleyball if people wants to play 7 days, the pool is there to use.
I will play some, but not every day.

SueZ said...

See how easy!? Lisette just got 4 entries into the contests with this one comment. One for her volleyball opinion, one for her birthday, one for his bd, and one for their shared anniversary date.

Leave a comment and you too will have a chance at great prizes!

Helen McNamara said...

Hey Sue..and the rest of the Sandpaper Sandpiper people, we're out here enjoying reading and keeping up to date via this blog! (In Phnom Pehn, Cambodia, at the moment enjoying the sweltering heat.) Keep up the good work Sue!

Anonymous said...

OK I can't be outdone by lisette
I think 7 day's a week is good may not be so busy on all 4 day's

Alan sorry your not going to come down this year.hope all goes well

my moms birthday is august 8th.

lilizard62 said...

I am in....
I found 3 skeins of Delft Blue at the University Walmart.
If you are having trouble finding the DELFT Blue yarn. Give me a call and I will get you some at other Walmarts that I like to go too.
Raymondville and Weslaco....

Volleyball 7 days a week sounds great. Maybe we ought to take a poll during the Junk and Java, to see what other non-players think?

I will be baking a Carrot Cake like no other for the upcoming Potluck. The recipe will be included in Lissette's cookbook.
Make sure you try it.

Anonymous said...

Okay Sue, I'm finally coming out of the woodwork. Great job with the blog, kiddo. Keep up the good work!

Birthdays: SueP - Aug. 11th; John P - Sept. 17
Anniversary was just in August, the 20th, which coincidentally was also our 20th.

Volleyball should be 8 days a week. Will I play every day? Heck no. Gotta get out of the park sometime!

alan said...

We both wish we were to be at Sandpipers this winter. These events being described make us somewhat envious. However, a greater challenge faces us and it must be faced here in Ottawa.

We hope all our friends at Sandpipers have a superb winter. Well be following activities through this blog on a regular basis. (I shall keep up my "comments")