Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mariana's Scarf Journey

Mariana has been making scarves for the Special Olympics scarf project many of us, and many in the knit/crochet world, have been working on. The goal is 5000 scarves by mid January. Mariana is putting a big dent in that number single handed. The right color blue is somewhat hard to find as it is sold out in many places. I was able to order it from https://www.herrschners.com/ It just came yesterday, and once I get my hands on some #10 needles I'll begin my scarf.

Here is Mariana's latest:

I have finished another scarf. This one is designed by Drew Emborski aka The Crochet Dude. Here are some pictures of the process.
1st pic is The Crochet Dude's scarf . This is what it is suppose to look like.

The next picture I labeled "Off to a good start".


Then "Wow this is easy."

Finally "It kinda looks like The Crochet Dude's"

So far I have made 3 scarves. This last one is the one I am most proud of.

Thanks Crochet Dude. How are the rest coming along?

Thanks Mariana, beautiful job! And remember, Mariana gets another entry into the Blog Idea Contest. I just picked up the prizes that Karen donated for the three winners. All I can say is, WOW! You will be really happy if you are one of the winners. Presentation will be at the November 1st FunBuzz Happy Hour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks fantastic! Congrats! And thanks for all you're doing for this scarf project! :)

lilizard62 said...

OMG! It'S the Dude.
What are you doing here Drew?
You need to come and visit us down here in the Rio Grande Valley.

lilizard62 said...

Hey you guys!!!
I was at the Walmart on University today and found 3 skeins of Delft Blue. The Walmart in Ramondville has a ship load soooo.
If you need this color yarn give me a call. I am in the Directory. And I am sure I can find it for you.
Sue you should have called me.