Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Best Weather Site I've Ever Used

This is THE COOLEST weather site ever. http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Explore it! Put in your town (I've got Edinburg saved on my laptop). The controls let you zoom in or out, move east, west, north, south. Radar sweep is LIVE! Last night I watched a rain shower move up Seminary Rd. on my computer. I announced the passage to Jim, who was in the next room. "Rain at Monte Cristo...now it has reached the lake, it's about 2 minutes from the Sandpiper gate"....then whammo! Right on time it started to rain! At that he jumped up to run to my computer. "How'd you do that?", he asked.

You can zoom in close enough to Sandpipers to see cars in driveways, Rv's, can't quite make out people , tho.

You can see the orange groves around Lake Edinburg...street names, etc. It is an excellent program, and I'll bet, if you put in your own home town you'll be just as impressed.

Speaking of rain....enough already! It isn't raining all day every day....but remember the pictures from about a week after Dolly? That's what it looks like again!

We need more fish.

2 comments:

alan said...

Neat web-site!!

It automatically picked up our location - no need to enter a location. I intend to play with it more at a later time.

Thanks for input, suez.

Helen McNamara said...

Super site! But the google earth satelite shots are old...did you notice all the RVs being stored on the field (now called Lake Sandpipers)? No gazebo at the pool, maybe the new office building but no motel or community building. But it's still a great site! Thanks!