Monday, July 14, 2008

Pam's First Time at Sandpipers


I first visited Sandpipers Resort for Christmas 2000 as my brother Rick's guest and have now returned to live here as a full-time nudist - again, at Rick's, and now Kathie's, generous invitation.
As a life-long individualist (at times to the horror of my family!), I was initially, and am now daily, impressed by the assortment of just down-right nice characters who populate this place.
During my first visit, I was engaged in a Qi Gong practice that included hitting myself on the head with a sand-filled bottle as a preparation for breaking Spanish floor tiles with my head - NOT something I could do INSIDE Rick's motor home.
Each day as I cheerfully banged myself on the head, grunting loudly with every strike - and then, as I smashed two tiles at one time! with my very hard head and a shout of victory (this in T-shirt only) - the small crowd that had gathered in the road behind me simply dispersed with a few nods of satisfaction, no comments, no shock. I suspected then that I had found my home and family.
My head is still hard, it seems, as I have been often less than graceful in receiving Rick's advice on, and assessment of, my water volleyball skills!
I AM very grateful for the sense of individualism that allowed him, and all of you here, to embrace a nudist lifestyle and to share that with me. I am a single person in a couples' world yet everyone has been kind, accepting, and FUN! And, yes, even the Palmetto Bugs are friendly; it took me two days to significantly discourage one who visited me in June!
Pamela Smith Lot #209
Note: Pam now joins the growing list of Sandpeople who have contributed to this blog. There will be a drawing for fabulous prizes in October, randomly picked from this list. Contribute today!!

1 comment:

lilizard62 said...

Pam,
I am glad you stumbled in to our part of the world.
Mariana