Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hello Dolly!!

Dolly is on her way. Before we lose electricity I want to share a few photos. The first is from about 10AM this morning. Light rain. a few breezes.


The wind started to pick up so Jim rushed out to rescue one of the bird feeders which was really starting to swing in the wind.

We've been glued to the TV all day. Anticipation....makes shivers run down my spine!


It is really starting to howl outside...4 o'clock. The heavy stuff is almost upon us. The house is shaking, palm tree is banging hard against the siding. Satelite image is going in and out on TV.

It's really raining hard!


Update tomorrow I hope!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could send the one of where I am in the office watching the gate camera swing around in the wind. I hope that it lets up enough so that I can get it before I lose it!

alan said...

Thanks for graphic description of your experiences. We've been updating ourselves as best we can from 2400 miles away.(the internet certainly helps) Our positive thoughts are being sent your way. We too hope to see tomorrows update.
Best wishes to y'all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. Sue. Sounds like it wasn't much fun, according to Linda H. they had a lot of damage. Will call Karen and ask about our place, Linda said most places had skirting damage as far as she could tell.

Hope to see an update soon.
Don't how to use this blogger so just sign here.

Anonymous said...

I really feel we were very lucky that Dolly didn't do more damage than just trees and on gazebo frame out in the field. I know that in the future we might head to Dallas for anything stronger!!!

Anonymous said...

HURRICANE WHAT'S THAT YOU SHOULD OF SEEN KAREN WHEN SHE HEARD THAT GENE'S COURT DATE WAS POSTPONED.NOW THAT IS A HURRICANE