Friday, July 11, 2008

Mariana's First Time

Back in 1993 I was a single parent living in Edinburg in a mobile home park. I had just received my Massage certification and considered myself a Massage Therapist.
My son came to live with me after living a year away from me. He was with my parents; he was 10 at the time. After receiving my license I decided to leave my job as a chiropractic assistant and do the job I was trained to do.
I began a job working for a woman who massaged, and her husband who managed her business.

One day John and Joanie, who were managers of Sandpipers at the time, walked into the office and I worked on Joanie. After the session John offered the office an opportunity for us to work on his guests at the Park.

Well, I jumped at the chance to go. I knew Sandpipers was a nudist resort but since becoming a therapist, I would see myself working at places like you would see on rich beach resorts. (My all time favorite shows were Fantasy Island and The Boat.)

Oh, well. As our office manger drove myself and my fellow MT closer to the resort the nervous giggles became louder. It was tough trying to compose ourselves to our new venture.

When we parked I tried my darndest to compose myself. For me all was well when we walked into the office. At that time, as you walked in the old trailer, there was a couch that faced the door and there was no counter. The front desk never moved from where it was.

We sat on the couch and our the office manager talked business with John while I tried to hold in my nervous giggle. Just when I had my emotions licked, Santa Claus (Norman) passes by riding his bicycle .


OMG! I lost it.


I burst out in a loud laugh. I don't know what they thought. But I am sure they have seen it before.


Sandpipers has been a safe haven for me through out the years. This place has given me friends that I can come to when I need help, a place to help support my family when I needed it the most, acceptance and self esteem, and love. Sandpipers brought Bruce into my life.
I owe a lot to Sandpipers.

2 comments:

alan said...

What a wonderful story, Mariana. And we at Sandpipers are Happy with your presence and services.

Anonymous said...

We all are glad to have you here you are a very nice lady,except I dont like it when you beat me at vollyball....a.k.a cheep shot