Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rumble at the Brothel...

Last night was the first showing of The Murder Mystery
Bordello of the Damned

Wonderful entertainment, great food, free flowing beer
(could that have been part of the problem?)

I went as Lola Montez, Femme Fatale, carrier of quirt, all around dangerous women...did I mention outrageous?
Ain't I purty? 
 Remember this look...it will change!
Being an early feminist I didn't take kindly to an impudent remark be a low born cowpoke....
shouted, no less, from across the crowded saloon floor. 
 I vowed revenge.
  Approaching him with my trusty quirt by my side,
my intention was to paddle his posterior for the insult. 
He had other ideas.
No outlaw would take a public rebuke, by a woman no less....chauvinistic piglet!
Soooo...
we tussled,
we wrestled,
we toppled!
onto the spittoon scarred floor of Miss Iggy's Brothel!!
My glasses did the damage...
Said cowpoke went on to fame and fortune
penning such songs as the now famous
Mama, Don't Let Your Girlies Grow Up to Love Cowboys
and
Girls Who Wear Glasses Should Never Make Passes
*****
Don't worry 'bout me...it feels a lot worse than it looks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry!

David 120 said...

Hey, methinks this is one time that we all know who "Anonymous" is!

No mystery there...

;-)

Quinn Murieta (aka H-less) said...

This low-born cowpoke is shore sorry that Miz Montez got herself hurt at the bordello the other night. I was jest goin' back to my table when I sees her headed for me with her little whip in her hand - now I never knowed that thang was a quirt or some such - and then she says she wants to use it on me. Now I never been one to whip on a horse or any other critter, let alone a person and I warn't about to let someone start up on me, even if she was such a purty little thang. So I just tried to git her to stop but she is a strong and determined filly! She ended up falling into my chest and got herself cut up by her spectacles and we both ended up on the floor. I shore am sorry she got hurt cuz I never meant fer that to happen and I hope she gets better real soon and I would be glad to buy her a drink down to the saloon if she don't bring that durn whip thing along just to show I got no hard feelin's to her.

Lola Montez said...

Quinn, you dog, you! I'll meet you anytime, anywhere to settle our score. Men folk ain't the only one's with gumption!

Now...on second thought...I could go for a good sip 'o scotch whiskey..if you're offering. After a few belts of the good stuff, who knows, you may welcome my quirts attention...jest sayin'!

SueZ said...

Man'o'man...haven't had so many comments on the blog since the "guess who's in the cave" contest! Guess I had to take one for the team to get folks all riled up!