Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Scam Alert from Patsy

I just got a visit from a sheriff's deputy who made a report about a scam I was involved in.  (If anyone saw his car, they probably think I'm in trouble!)  He told me to let the people in the park know about it in case they got the same thing.
I got an email asking me to be a Mystery Shopper and receive $200 per assignment.  I responded "yes."  Then I got an email saying that my instructions would come on Mar. 9.  On Mar. 10, I got a letter and a check for $1,970.49.  The letter had detailed instructions that I was to deposit the check in my bank account, go to  Walmart and buy $30.00 worth of anything, then send $1,500 to a woman in Port Angeles, WA.  after keeping my $200.00.  After reading all this, I went online and looked up Mystery Shopper.  There were several websites saying that this is a scam and telling how it works.   I reported it to the Postal Security office.  Today at Canasta, Mary told me that I should call the sheriff.  I did, and the deputy came right out.  He said that other people in the park might get a similar email.
He said to tell everyone about it, so I"m telling you.
Patsy

No comments: