Friday, February 14, 2014

Louise, and the slippery soap!

Dear Sue et Sandpeeps,
Tom is doing such a good job of describing the intellectual aspects of this trip,
click here to read the latest
 I thought I would concentrate on what is happening in the non-rarified air of life in the semi-rough. 
 
For example, our bathroom is a cubicle that has the toilet, flip-down sink, and shower all on top of each other.  Needless to say, we are using the bath facilities at each campground (and anywhere else) along the way. 
 
The other night I was late to the shower, but was looking forward to an extra special treat.  I had purchased some geyser mud soap that is supposed to be extra soft on the skin and the shower house had a private room!  So I grabbed my new bar of soap, scrubby and shampoo and headed for a deluxe, private shower.
 
While lathering up the lights suddenly went off. 
I was in total darkness. 
The lights were on a motion sensor so I had to wave my arms around outside the curtain to get the lights back on. 
 
About this time the special soap took on a special property.  It is the slipperiest soap I've ever used.  After three attempts to grab it, it shot out of my hands and across the floor. 
I was trying to get to it when the lights went out again. 
I am now crawling across the shower floor, waving one hand in the air to activate the lights and groping for the lost soap with the other. 
 
Neither the soap or light cooperated. 
 
 I finally gave up on the soap, rinsed off in the dark and got out just as the lights decided to come back on.  Now here is the funny part--I had forgotten to bring a towel!  I spent the next few minutes trying to use a hair dryer attached to a wall to get dry enough to get my robe on, find my mud soap and get back to the camper.
 
  As hard as it was raining, I shouldn't have bothered.
 
Next post I will tell you what it is like to change camera lenses with Tom--also in the rain. 
 
 Hugs to all, L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew - glad that was your story Louise. Had a picture in my mind of a jailhouse scenario!