Sunday, February 9, 2014

Another Great Letter from Louise!

Dear Sue, Tom's blog is on fmca.com. 
 Go to the, "forums" bar at the top,
then drop down to, "blogs."  
or just click here!
 
He actually let loose of a picture in this one, unfortunately, it is me instead of scenery.  He has been processing pictures every night, but is more worried about exposure and focus (the muttering is disconcerting) than the fact that I look my age in photos and don't in my mind.  It's my old story about thinking I'm Marilyn Monroe, then I see the picture and up jumps Angela Lansbury--not that she wasn't a saucy little tart in her day.
 
The photo count has already become remarkable, but has not yet passed to the, "prodigious" category, let alone, "ponderous." Come to think of it, those are the same words I would have used for Sam the cattle dog, hereafter referred to as Sam the Magnificent. 

We went on a tour of the Te Piua Culture Center in Rotorua.  We walked through a constantly active geyser field (free steam facial, there) and then attended a performance of dance and music.  The performance included a welcoming challenge (yes, a spear was involved) and a battle challenge called a, "haka" (no spears but lots of tongue).  The women also danced with poi balls and had them going in every different direction.  Between tongues, spears and balls I didn't know whether to buy the CD or lean back and have a cigarette.

We are currently rained in at Wellington.  We take the interisland ferry to South Island tomorrow, and may take a bus to a local museum later today.
 
Miss you all, L

No comments: