Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Days Of Wine Glasses and Sheep Dogs!

Dear Sue, You are not going to believe this. 
 
 We are trying to make our bare-bones campervan a bit more, "homey" by making it easier to enjoy our nightly glass (or two) of wine.
  While I was getting groceries, Tom went over to a hardware store (always dangerous) and ended up buying--among other things--two very nice, heavy plastic wine glasses.
 
 I was delighted, and said the next renters of the van would be happy to have them, too, since we would have to leave them in New Zealand.  Our luggage was carefully weighted at home and was within ounces of the limit. 
 
 In typical tourist or typical male fashion (???) I found Tom standing in the RV holding the new plastic wine glasses he bought in one hand and his skivvies in the other saying, "If I leave the undies behind I'll be able to pack the wine glasses
 and take them home--the weight is the same."
Honest to God, he was serious as the grave! 
 
 Clearly I am going to enjoy this trip for reasons I never dreamed!
  For example, we saw a demonstration of sheep dogs and sheep shearing today.
  I even got to help shear a sheep. 
 But the really mirthful moment was when the oldest sheep dog was sitting on the shearing stage and the owner was commenting on his accomplishments, not the least of which was being 10 years old and still fathering a litter of 7 pups this last month.
 
To prove the truth of this statement the dog promptly began displaying an erection of larger than life proportions and licking same. 
 
 I hope by the next post I will have some real, "tourist" news for you; but in the mean time, this is what I've got.
 
  Hugs from Down Under, Louise


No comments: