Sunday, January 27, 2013

VolleyBall Spiking.


"Having observed a few volleyball games 
in which I was not participating,
 and after some comments from others,
 I am of the opinion that there
 is too much hard spiking
 occurring in co-ed volleyball games 
(by myself as well as other men - 
you know who you are). 

 I do not want to create a situation where 
the ladies do not want to play 
because of hard spiking. 

 Therefore please be advised
 that the existing rules are amended 
to read that there will be
 NO spiking of the volleyball
 in CO-ED games.

  I expect that if spiking occurs, 
comments will be made to the offender 
(do not hesitate to speak up ladies)
 and the behavior will cease. 

 If it does not, I will recommend to Karen
 that the number of days of co-ed volleyball
 be reduced, and additional day's
 set be aside for ladies only. 

 In tournament events,
 I do not want to have to be a referee
 instead of a player
 but I will step in if I have to
 if the rule is not self-enforcing.
 
Spiking will continue to be permitted
 in ladies-only or men's only games or events."
Thanks,
Ian

No comments: