Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Updates from the Healing Air of Sandpipers....

John is back from San Antonio where the stitches swaddling his new bionic shoulder were removed....
A video of Laura walking practically effortlessly on her new knee only a month from surgery are circling the globe....
And me?
I'm getting better every day but boy, do I have stories to tell.
My routine minor laporascopic hernia repair turned into a 4 hour open operation to fix THREE-That's 3!- hernias, with mesh supports being used, extra skin and tissue removed. 
 Then a fun 2 days in ICU with
7 blood transfusions and critically low blood pressure. 
Days of heavy bleeding, bed baths at 4 AM,
 sugar free vanilla pudding (my diet hi-lite).
 A full week in the hospital saw me home late last night. 
 I'm drugged up, connected to icky looking drains
and bandaged like a mummy...but I'm HOME!!!
Hey, Phaleta...I lost my belly button too!
Lanny & Donna are either just here
 or about to return in the next day or so...
all the wounded peeps return to the healing air of Sandpipers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep! Sandpiper's air is healing the bodies and the souls. Keep it up guys and gals. Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

The hospital is no place to rest!
We've been sending good vibes to all the recouping Sandpeeps.

Sharon & Tall Dick

Lois and Ken said...

Here's hoping you all recover quickly.

Pam P. #122 said...

So sorry to hear about your health problems, Sue. Hope you are on the mend and feeling better each day!