Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Invitation From Patsy.

I love to travel and see natural and manmade wonders.
Sometimes, we overlook small wonders happening in our own backyard,
or, in my case, my front yard.
Just like last year, I am having the privilege of observing
part of the life cycle of the Monarch butterfly. The caterpillars are emerging from the tiny yellow dots (eggs) on the stalks of my firespike plant. They are stripping the plant of its leaves by eating them. I know that they will form cocoons and await their metamorphosis into butterflies.
Last year, I was fortunate to actually see a butterfly breaking out of its cocoon and flying away. If you want to witness a small miracle, you can stop by #108 and see one.

Patsy

1 comment:

Pam P. #122 said...

You are so good, Patsy. You see the beauty of nature. I'd be seeing that caterpillar eating my plant and thinking, "Go eat some weed, you darned caterpillar. Leave my flower alone!"