Thursday, August 12, 2010

Armadillo Smack-down! A Patsy Report!

Shortly after 7:00 A.M., I heard the distinct sounds of gunfire
(two shots, I believe) outside my mobile.
I cautiously peeked out my front window
and saw Tony emerging from his golf cart with a gun in hand.
He strove triumphantly over to his prey--an armadillo now near death with his little legs and whole body twitching. The critter died on Rick and Kathy's driveway and was unceremoniously disposed of by Jay with a shovel and a trash bag.
I thought that the war was over
until Jay said that there was another armadillo sighted nearby.
So, Tony, The Great White (well, more Brown) Hunter, has more work to do.

Congratulations on being a sharpshooter, Tony!

Patsy #108

4 comments:

Pam P. #122 said...

Remind me never to wear gray when we get back to Sandpipers...at least not when Tony is around.

Anonymous said...

EEE - HAH! (That's what the cowboys/girls say.)

Two more shots and another critter bit the dust--this time, a skunk behind Dick and Frankie's mobile.

I think the varmints are closing in on me, but thank goodness, we have Jay and Tony, the Dauntless Duo to protect us.

Patsy #108

Dale null Jordan said...

I think Jay should save the varmits until winter then we could have a shootout in the field behind the park.

David #120 said...

Then Tony could cook it all up for his Roadkill Restaraunt, and have Don (Vanessa) be the Culinary Judge of the Best Entree of the day.