Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Mel & Darbi!

Somebody left the gate open at Sandpipers and we all escaped!
Actually, a bunch of us got together at Los Comales (Closner in Edinburg)
to help Darbi #3 and Mel #23 celebrate their birthdays.

Any excuse for good Mexican food, and let me tell you...
it was gooooodddd!
We brought balloons.And a few more balloons. Birthday kisses were exchanged.
Darbi was very happy!There were 28 of us there, and it took a little time for our food to show up.
Was it ever worth it!
I really wanted to take some plate pictures but we were hungry!
By the time I remembered my camera my plate was half finished.



I had tacos mollejas...outstanding! They were served with fresh chopped cilantro, and nopales and avocado slices, with tender corn tortillas. What are mollejas, you ask?

Maybe I'll tell you someday...meanwhile order it, you won't be sorry!This is the Mexican plate. Sorry. Wasn't quick enough.

All the plates on our table looked like this.

Empty.
More balloons!
I love the bright and happy Mexican colors in this picture, but Bill doesn't look convinced.
We were a very festive bunch... all dressed in our finest.

Mel says, "Thanks, everybody!"and so do Darbi & Bill.
We all had a great time!

No comments: