Monday, July 26, 2010

More Clam Love from Janet & Les in Alaska...

I just got an email from Janet that I have to share to show you Peeps what a great time they are having in Alaska!

*************************

Hi Sue and Jim,

Thanks for stopping. We had a great time with you.

So sorry the halibuts were not cooperating. (Well, we DID get 8 or so but they were smallish)
Les and I are going out with a friend tomorrow who is going to dip net which only Alaskans can do. We will watch as he brings in red salmon. Fishing for reds has picked up.

Then we have a float trip scheduled with a friend and a couple of halibut trips with a park ranger before we head over to Seward for a few days.

Then, Les and I go ling cod fishing.

Now that you have clammed you know just how much fun that can be. After you guys left we have a wonderful minus tide and found big rocks out in the inlet with tons of blue shell mussels. Picked and cleaned them then steamed in beer and dipped in garlic butter. Fabulous.

I attached a pic for your enjoyment of my first clam back in May with his neck stuck out which of course reminded me of something else. They still crack me up when I dig a big one and he spits water at me and the neck extends.

Drive home safely and we will see you ???????? whenever.

Janet & Les

(these days he is looking more and more like his old
man so I think it is still him under that beard)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hey Janet, where did you find that grizzly mountain man? Actually, he does look kinda handsome!!

Sue said...

Hey, Janet, where did you find that grizzly mountain man? Actually, he is kinda handsome!