Sunday, June 7, 2015

Karenz Notes

Karen has posted her latest,

 and in case you missed it...here you go.

Some flooding thoughts



Jay & I just got back this weekend from a trip to the Austin area. Now up there, they had some real problems. I felt fortunate that no one at Sandpipers was hurt or their homes destroyed. The saying (was a song too), what does not kill you, makes you stronger. Well at our ages, not so sure about stronger, but I do feel older. It will be four weeks on this Monday night that the storm first hit us. I am still trying to get the insurance company to answer my call on where we stand. This storm really upset my apple cart, and so the upgrading we all looked forward to will not be happening.

Concrete sites will have to wait, court resurfacing also on the waiting list, as well as some “foo-foo” stuff that I want to do. We have over 600 feet of fencing and nearly two miles of road work to fix.
(Wow, does this ever need doing...it's a minefield out there!)

We lost the security camera system at the front gate. We are doing our best here and so many have helped with clean up efforts of their “Sandpiper Framily”, thank you we could not have done it with out you.

We still have some tree issues and hope to have those resolved early next week. The field is almost showing no signs of water, however don’t be fooled, stay out of there still.

We asked that you not have any watering devices operating at this time. The water restrictions are still in effect.

Many of the homes have the green growing on them. (so....whose house is she looking at out her window?  Mine!  It's a certified mess.  We will be washing this week!)

Washing of your home is allowed, however conserve the water. From my experience in the concrete world, I have instructed my employees to lightly wet the concrete, use a old broom to spread the bleach around, then leave it to the sun to do the work. It will work the best for removing the mold/mildew. Do not wash vehicles with out a permit. The permit should be clearly visible while you are washing.

As soon as I get an update from the insurance company, I will pass on information to you.

Thank you for working through this mess with us and we look to having a better summer now.

No comments: