Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Nose Knows....

We, Jim & I, are in Indiana.  We visited with Bob & Bernie, then Bob & Catherine.  Attended the Sunny Haven Sandpiper Reunion. Had a wonderful time despite doing a header over hoses and elec. connections.  Ouchy.
 
When we hooked up with Dr. Bob he noticed a sore on my nose.  I knew it was there.  Had made a dermatologist apt. for when we returned to Edinburg.
He said NO...go see my doc in Kokomo..it looks kinda bad.
His doc took a biopsy, sent me to a surgeon in Indianapolis. 
Cancer...kinds severe, kinda, well, extensive....caused by sun exposure.
I have 40 stitches, two black eyes, a hole in my nose, and am THANKFUL  I am alive.
So when I say...please let me wear a sun shirt in the pool to protect myself...I AM NOT KIDDING!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had that done there and didn't wait til you got back, and wish you speedy recovery. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. We miss you.
Patsy