Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Summer in Indiana

While I am recovering from nose surgery ( I look like the BRIDE Of FRANKENSTEIN!) I have been enjoying summer in Indiana.
For example...yesterday Dr. Bob got a call from a neighbor farm wife.  Seems a couple of pot bellied pigs had been dumped on their farm a few weeks ago.  Rampage, mayhem...cute little piggies that terrorized their dogs, grandkids AND SCRATCHED their cars!
 
Puleeze, Dr. Bob, come shoot these piggies.
 
Can't by pass an invitation like that...
 
Well, it was gross, interesting, and an education.
 
Funny Aside...Bob made himself deaf from the gunshots. Afterwards we did some grocery errands and when people would talk to him he said, "Can't hear a thing.  Shot some pigs this morning!"
 
We returned to Dr. Bob's house.  Talking in the kitchen. 
 He said..."Don't move, we have a visitor."
 
I turn expecting, oh, I don't know,
 their dog Itsy making an appearance. 
 
No.
 
It was an 18 inch long garter snake. 
 In their house. 
 In their kitchen. 
 I am not in Kansas anymore...I am in Indiana. 

No comments: