Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Fishy Day


Had a great girl's day out with Melinda yesterday. 
 Got my hair done...I'm blonde again with a great cut.
 
Ate REAL sushi.
I've always wanted to try Sea Urchin (Uni for those in the know).  Melinda suggested I just suck on her kitchen sponge...but I insisted on the real thing.  It was mildly briny, kinda custardy...crossed it off my food bucket list.
 
Uni

 Now these pictures are giving me fits.  They won't stay upright...I have given up.  Just turn your head.
 

Yellowtail topped with Albacore, and mango tomato relish...yum.
Also had handrolls of eel and spicy yellowtail.  They disappeared too fast to take pictures.
 
Then we drove around in her Porsche convertible looking all gorgeous.  Went shopping for shoes and clothes and cat food. See...the real world reared it's head.  Got home in time for wine on the patio with hummingbirds.

1 comment:

David120 said...

Sushi?

I like my sushi fried!