Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Veteran's Day

It's hard for me to write this as I was not in attendance, but I've heard so many glowing reports it is worth noting on the specialness...is that a word?...of this event.
 
 
Jim & I could not be there but had timed our return to the park so as not to interfere with the ceremony. 
We miscalculated...along with several other peeps. 
 We all queued outside the fence, waiting, and wishing we were inside with everyone. 
 
After the ceremony was over we heard such accolades, such glowing enthusiasm about the Veteran's Day ceremony that I figured it was certainly worth a mention here.
 
Forgive me if I miss a step here or there...remember, I wasn't there.
 
Barry...you did an absolutely masterful job of organizing everything. And Thank you for remembering Bev.
 
Karon...women in military roles should never be/will never be overlooked. 
 
Louise...a wonderfully stirring poem.
 
Stan...The Tootsie Roll Patrol....why doesn't everyone know of this?
 
Steve....you pulled it all together with great technical expertise.
 
Jay & Karen, a rousing thank you for helping develop this amazing Flag Garden of Memories.


1 comment:

David 120 said...

Mary and I had to miss it also, as she had an eye doctor appointment at 11:30am.