Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gourd Goodies

If you are lucky you've seen some of SueP's gourds before they have been sold or shipped off to family.  She does a MASTERFUL job of carving and embellishing the gourds into what I think is museum quality art.
 
She gifted me with a couple of blanks that I painted
 (me, not a carver).
  This could be a self portrait!
 

Go LSU!
 
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! 


This one she carved into a cholla cactus skeleton
 and I added a clay lizard that looked a whole lot better
before I broke off his tail and leg!


Here are just a few of her masterpieces!







 
 
Gorgeous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right - she is very gourd at that craft!

Terry said...

well, hell anyways. No wonder I haven't heard from her via email...she hasn't had time... Those are gorgeous Sue...

Terry T said...

Beautiful!! Sue has so many awesome talents!