Thursday, August 15, 2013

Foodies Unite!

You might know I'm kind of addicted to food programs.
 
Chopped..
Bourdain's profanity filled travelogue..
Andrew Zimmern's quest to eat everything strange!
 
 
Got me to thinking about my foodie bucket list.
I've tried many strange and delicious things.
 
Durian....tastes like almond custard.
 
Roasted Hog's eyeball....there was alcohol involved but it was GOOD!
 
flash fried grasshoppers....
Thai sister-in-law...legs get stuck in your teeth, but garlicky crunchy goodness.
 
Of course I love sardines and anchovies.
Hello, pizza and romaine.
 
What's on YOUR foodie bucket list?
I ask this knowing full well nobody...
I MEAN NOBODY will answer.
 
Knock, knock...is this thing even ON?
 
I would like to try:
really good caviar.
truffles.
brains.
Maybe one of those chickens from Costco that cost $28 for two...Ok, maybe not.  That is just BIZARRE!
Their rotisserie chickens are just fine, thank you.
 
Oh, I know...I would like to cook a whole roasted pig.
 
Never mind. 
 
Just comment.
Tell me your food fantasies.
Maybe we'll start a food lover's club at Sandpipers...
no Velveeta allowed.
 
 
 


9 comments:

Karon J said...

I want to try poi (spell check not sure) in Hawaii.

Ian said...

Karon, just go to Lowe's and buy and eat some wallpaper paste - same thing.

But I'm with Sue - would love to have roast suckling pig again!

John and Mary said...

Turduckin, three flavors in one slice. And if you roast it inside a whole pig that would even be better.

Bernie said...

Chicken feet -- had them as a kid at home and now get in China Town in Chicago
Have chicken livers with Catherine too and they are great

Karon J said...

Poi may taste like wallpaper paste, but since I will be in Hawaii eating it and watching the young men dancing in the light of the torches, I won't care!

SueP said...

Karon, I remember being told there was one and two finger poi - one to put it in, the other to take it out!

Tony 40 said...

Let's all vote for Jay and Karen to have a open pig pit in the field for a grand opening of the 2013 winter-texan season,I will make some poi aka white baby poi

SueZ said...

Ohhh! A Pig roast! Love it....I'll eat the eyeballs!

John 5 said...

Sue, I want one of the eye balls and one very crispy ear.