Friday, April 13, 2012

Good Grief!

Nice quiet Friday.
But wait..it's Friday, the 13th!

Jim decided to save a bit of moola, change the oil himself, 
and get the RV ready for our summer travels.

No good intention goes unpunished!

He drained out all the black, dirty, gooey oil into a couple of large containers and set them aside to dispose of properly.

 It's windy.
Very windy.
This...
became this.
Oil everywhere on our carport.
It felt like this...

but was really like this...

Thank you Jon P. for sacrificing your manicure
to help clean up the mess!
Now I know why mechanics always have black rimmed nails.
As Jon said,
"Good thing you changed the oil.  It was really dirty!"

4 comments:

Terry 502 said...

oh, that is just too nasty...way to go Jim lol. We all start out with good intentions unless we have learnt the hard way such as you just have. Good thing for fantastic neighbours...way to go John for helping

David 120 said...

I used to change my own oil, using a wide, flat drain-pan. One day I did so in such a high wind that you could almost see "black caps" on the surface of the drained oil, and some slopped over on the driveway in spite of all my care.

Tony 40 said...

Ah Ha maybe a new contender for the dumb ass award???????????

David 120 said...

I try and try and try, but I despair of ever achieving that honor.

The competition is just too tough around here!

;-)