Thursday, October 15, 2009

Weedstock Revisited!

After delays, postponements and confusion we finally have it organized.
It's time to relive your misspent youth.
On Thursday, Oct 22 we will revisit Woodstock at
WEEDSTOCK 2009


What?

Just what am I talking about?

Weedstock is a glorified work party where we all pitch in together to do a few chores. Remember last week's last minute sod laying party?

Like that.

But with a theme.

Here are the "Rules".

Anytime from now til the 22nd, but especially from 8 am-3pm on that day:

Gather, collect, pull weeds.

Put 'em in a bag.

On the 22nd bring the bag to Tonya who will dump them in her cart and determine who brings the most weeds. All participants in the weed pulling and the yet to mentioned other activities will be entered into a drawing for fabulous prizes! The Tonya determined winner of the most weed category will win a "T" shirt from Sandpipers Resort.

If you don't have weeds we know a few places where you can find some. There is Johnson Grass to be dug up near the tennis court, and weeds on the 300 row.

I am going to check with Karen to map out potential areas of massive weed invasion so on Thursday I'll know where to point you.

(I'm still on the injured reserve list due to unbridled lust for gardening...a pulled muscle due to too-much-too-soon activities. But my finger works for pointing. Which finger is to be determined later.)

Other Activities for Weedstock

Not into weed pulling? How about landscaping?

There are plants to be placed around the new shower house.

There is rock mulch to spread.

There are container plants to move and some to be replanted.

Work anytime from 8am-3pm...then take a shower and a rest, but report back for

PIZZA

WINE & BEER

MUSIC by the Pool

PRIZES

If you are able to help with WEEDSTOCK, sign the sheet in the pavilion so Karen can figure out how much pizza and beer to buy. It's a new list, so even if you signed up on the earlier list, do it again.

If you happen to be moved by the spirit dress accordingly. You will receive much admiration from your fellow SandPeeps if you dress the part at the After Party!

Peace, y'all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a cute idea, however, picking weeds is not worth pizza and beer. Karen needs to hire herself someone to do this. These are her weeds. She has already raised our rent $480.00 on average with mowing. This on a year she claimed she wasn't raising rent. All the volunteer work doesn't seem to help keep our rent down, she is just using those that want to be used. Why not have that new girl Tanya pick the weeds most of the time she works real hard had looking busy but is not all that busy.

alan said...

Why are you reluctant to identify yourself?

Sherry said...

I do beleive it says if you want to volunteer. And there are alot of people who enjoy taking apart in helping our and (I say our with pride of being apart of making this park a place to be proud to call home.And thats all I have to say about that. On to Tonya,That girl works her little tail off. Mowing in the heat while ANONYMOUS stays in there aircon. home and writes rude and mean things about others. I say at the price we pay for the wounderful lifestyle what a deal. If ANONYMOUS can find better,why bi all means do tell.

Tony said...

I volunteer because I don't want to sit around and gripe about all the weight I gain,they dont use me I can stop anytime I want.I like staying active and helping out,also it may save on my rent.I don't think Karen and Jay are going to retire soon from the volunteer's that help around here, they are the one's that care about there home and to alot of us this is our home.So the next time I am out volunteering and at your yard please tell me to pass you by because if your paying 480.00 extra a year I want a cut of it.