Friday, May 29, 2009

Butterfly Garden Progress.

We are slowly getting the Butterfly Garden under control.
I want you to sear these images into your collective memories so when you return to Sandpipers the lush flowering growth and fluttering butterflies will be a pleasant surprise.
Gee, I must love pressure!I just love Round-up!
As soon as the wind dies down I'm out there spraying like a demented tomcat.
And it's working.Now the garden just looks like a bunch of bedraggled bushes in a field of dead grass.
With ruts.
Yes. My golf cart got stuck in the mud after the last rain.
I'm not used to mud. It's a foreign concept.
After all, no real rain here for, what, 9 months?
Fortunately Lanny was walking by, and with Jim & John P.'s help,
got me pushed out of the mire.Left my mark, though.
But....we have a plan to make the garden even more attractive than it is right now.
Oh, I can hear the skepticism. How can it be more attractive, you ask?
We Have A CHIPPER!
Yes indeedy.
An attachment to the Kaboda reduces all the
big piles of tree trimmings to wonderful mulch.
Mulch to cover the dead grass in the garden.
I am so stoked!I don't have a picture of it. It WAS sitting right here working mightily on this pile of branches...but...but...Jay touched it.
And it jammed.
So it disappeared for a day or two, but I am assured it's fixed and back to work.
Meanwhile,
Let's just admire the awesome beauty of the finished product.
Gorgeous!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am one of those with good intentions of helping with the butterfly garden but just never seem to find the time to do it. So, shame on me and kudos to SueZ, Gloria and the others who work so hard keeping the gardens in the resort looking so nice. THANK YOU!