Thursday, December 25, 2014

Book Club idea...and More!

Merry Christmas ladies!
 
  I think I've got a fun idea for a book club ad-on activity.  As you know, this month is, The Art Forger. 
 
 How about a session of wine, cheese and painting at The Tipsy Canvas in McAllen?
 
  They have a day and time available on Friday, Jan. 16th from 3-6 p.m.  They give step by step instruction on how to recreate a painting that is on display at the front of the gallery.  They provide all the materials and instruction, we provide the talent (some more than others, I realize).  We can bring all the food, wine and beer we want (no hard liquor allowed). 
 
The cost is $35/person. 
 
 I have never been to this studio, but have done a similar activity in Denver with my sister and our daughters for Mother's Day.  It was a hoot!  They had stretched canvas ready for us and a palette of acrylic paints.  We were encouraged to take the picture and instruction and change it in any way we wanted to make it ours. 
 I assume this is much the same.
 
   If you would like to join in, let me know and I will make the reservation and take care of the down payment. 
 
It looks like they can accommodate as many as sign up. If anyone has been to this studio, please provide feedback. 
 
 Happy Holidays to all.
Love and hugs, Louise

No comments: