Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Summer in Indiana...


We are in Indiana, visiting with Bob & Bernie, and Dr. Bob and Catherine, for several weeks.  Tomorrow we all head to Sunny Haven in Northern Indiana for a Sandpiper’s Labor Day Reunion.  Weather sounds a bit iffy, we’ll see.  I wished for cool and rainy, I think I might get it!!
Before we left Edinburg I made a dermatologist appointment to have my doc look at a sore on my nose that wouldn’t heal.  She was on vacation, and then we went on vacation, so we never got together.  Appt. was made for the end of October, when we expected to return.
When we got to Dr. Bob’s I showed him my nose…well, he could hardly miss it.  He immediately called his guy, pulled a few strings, and got me an immediate appointment.  Yesterday I got zapped on my lip, and a biopsy done for my nose.  Results next week, but all the experts are pretty sure it is a basal cell cancer.  Unfortunately right on the part of your nose with hardly any “meat”.  Bad place apparently.  Painful. If it is cancer (probably) a Mohs surgeon is just down the road near Indianapolis and is considered just about the best IN THE WORLD!  So I am in good hands…but may become a resident of Indiana if this takes much longer!
Good news is the weather has been wonderful!  I feel for all still roasting at Sandpipers!  And in the future I will have to REALLY stay out of the sun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Forgot to say good luck Sue, it's a
not that bad to go thru the mohs.