Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Summer Book Club

The Summer Book Club meets the second Thurs.
 of each month in Flip Flopz. 
 
The next meeting will be Aug. 14. 
 
It is an informal discussion of books read,
reading, and heard about. 
 
 All are welcome!   
 
Pam suggested:
    The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
(I read that...riveting)
    My Restless Prince, a series by Gaelen Foley
    Destiny of the Republic by Cana Millard
    My Thoughts Be Bloody by Nora Titone
    Julie and Romeo by Jeanne  Ray
    Somerset by Leila Meacham
    Several books by John Grisham:  The Confession, The Appeal, Sycamore Row, and The Racketeer 
Mary suggested: Open (I didn't get the author)
Louise suggested:
    The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
    The White Queen by above author
Patsy suggested:
    One Last Great Wickedness by David Stansfield
    How I live Now by Meg Rosoff
    The Life of Elizabeth I by Alison Weir
And a good time was enjoyed by all.
Thanks, Patsy #108

1 comment:

Pam #122/229 said...

Sorry, Patsy, but you lumped both "Pam" readers into one. This Pam (of Pam and Bob) recommends Destiny of the Republic", "My Thoughts Be Bloody", and "Julie and Romeo". The other Pam recommended all the rest.