Sunday, July 1, 2012

Barkerville, BC

We spent a lovely day in Barkerville,
 a restored gold mine town in the mountains above Quesnel.
 The weather cooperated, the characters cheerful,
the day couldn't have been more perfect!
 Plenty of 'man' stuff, like this blacksmith,
(he wasn't hard on my eyes either)!

 A delicious lunch!  Soup to warm us, and Annie and I had smoked tuna filet and pork belly sandwiches, with sun-dried tomato mayo.  Where has pork belly been all my life?
No picture of the sandwiches...we were famished...but the truffles we had for dessert were definetly blog worthy!

 I loved the weathered wood, forget-me-nots and dandelions.  Pretty combo!


 Bill is...well, NOT doing what it first looks like!
He is taking pictures for Annie of the gorgeous wildflowers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wondered what pork bellies were when I heard it on the commodities market report. Now I know that they make sandwiches out of them. Gotta have a catchier name to make it fly down here!
Patsy

David 120 said...

Catchier? How about "pulled pork"?

That one sure raised my eyebrows the first time I heard it!