Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Book Club

The Summer Book Club will meet on
 June 14th at 7PM at Lot 43 (Kelm's) at 7PM.
There is no designated book.
We will just talk about what we have read recently,
both good and bad.
Wine, coffee and dessert will be served.

******
Now, my two cents...
I've just finished a series of trilogies that I LOVED!
It is fantasy...
now don't get all in a tizzy!
I am not a fantasy or sci-fi fan...AT ALL...but I loved this series.
Author is Robin Hobbs, the first book is The Assassin's Apprentice.
It is available paperback, hard back, and Kindle.
I can not praise this author enough.
A true wordsmith.
Sue P and Jim have also read it, and Catherine got us started.
None of us have been able to function normally for weeks as we can't put the book down!
Try it, you might be a surprised.

1 comment:

SueP said...

I feel like some religious zealot pushing people to read these books, but DANG! you owe it to yourself to look into them. You will not be disappointed!