Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good News for Lanny!

We spent a fascinating couple of weeks at M D Anderson Cancer Center in Houston finding out what has been accomplished by the surgeries, radiation & chemo in my cancer treatment.
I’ve been to two state fairs & Kansas City,
but I’ve never seen anything like M D Anderson!
 It must be experienced to believed.

The news is all thumbs up – no new tumors,
 no cause for further surgery at this point,
and the tumors in my shoulder & liver have been reduced.
 MDA recommends continuing on with another round of chemo, every 3 weeks this time rather than the weekly in round 1.
 The additional time between sessions
 will give me welcomed additional rebound time,
and I can get the chemo here near home in Texas at
 the local office of Texas Oncology.

I’m feeling well, got my energy back, & experiencing pretty minimal side effects, so we have a lot to be thankful for.
The cards, notes & calls have meant a lot to us
& we really appreciate all of it.

Love & Hugs,
 Lanny & Donna Talbott

5 comments:

Ian & Terry 502 said...

Great news Lanny - all the best to you and Donna

Anonymous said...

That is good news...
Hope things will keep going well and that we'll be able to see you both at SPR comes automn.

Pam P. #122 said...

That's the kind of news that puts a smile on all our faces.

Alicia Shipp said...

Guys, it's Alicia! I'm in Phoenix for a week, looking for Glenn. I'm so glad to hear your news is good. Call me?! 425 919 3190

Alicia Shipp said...

Guys, it's Alicia! I'm in Phoenix for a week, looking for Glenn. I'm so glad to hear your news is good. Call me?! 425 919 3190