Saturday, June 20, 2009

Raccoonamania

Lately I've been plagued by something digging in my container plants, knocking over pots and leaving Tootsie Roll poops all over the place.
Not being an expert in poops, other than my own, I thought it was a possum.
Jim got a trap and made a peanut butter sandwich bait.
Heck, everything likes peanut butter, right?
The first night the sandwich was eaten but nothing was in the trap.
Guess what? Not set right.
Nothing the second night either.
But the third night we succeeded.Ahhhh...Ricky Raccoon...how cute.Curled all up, awaiting my wrath.Not so cute close up.
Demon eyes!That raccoon was most unhappy, let me tell you.
Snarling and hissing and trying to attack Jim. It was a big sucker, too.
Heavy.
Jim took it over to the garage in hopes Ricky will be disposed of or relocated.
If he comes back and digs up my plants again we will be having raccoon stew!

4 comments:

Sue and John said...

Ay caramba! John was mortified. His hard work aimed at making our a/c opening so easily breached.

Thanks for following through on the trapping, and we're especially glad he couldn't get at Jim. He (Jim) has been wounded too many times already while associated with us.

Hello to all SPR friends!

David 211 said...

I'll pass on the Raccoon Stew.

But, hey, who gets the Coonskin Cap?

(Not me, I don't wear hats, even though I could have been called Davy...)

Anonymous said...

DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE FOR RACOON STEW

LISETTE

David 211 said...

I'm looking through my favorite Chinese Cookbook for that right now. Although I don't think I'll find one in there, since the title is "101 Ways To WOK Your Dog"

:-(